Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Run Wild Trail Running and Wellness Retreat
Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM - Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM (MDT)
Join us for the third annual Run Wild Trail Running and Wellness Retreat for Women August 16-19, 2012 at Avalanche Ranch near Carbondale, Colorado.
The Run Wild Trail Running and Wellness Retreat offers all-inclusive adventure for women that refresh the spirit, invigorate the body and soothe the soul with trail running, yoga and informative classes about trail-running technique, sports nutrition, injury prevention, gear selection, hill training and how to train for specific fitness, health or race goals.
We accommodate runners of most ability levels. If you can run at least 5 miles, this retreat is for you! We have several run leaders and divide the group up so you can run at your own pace. You can choose to run between 5 miles to 12 miles (or more) each day.
• Three nights in a cabin at Avalanche Ranch at the foot of Mount Sopris and surrounded by wilderness in the Colorado Rockies.
• Use of the Avalanche Ranch natural hot springs.
• Nourishing, groumet meals from Thursday dinner through Sunday brunch.
• Guided trail runs on premier trails in the White River National Forest near Carbondale and Aspen, Colorado.
• Daily rejuvenating yoga classes designed specifically for runners with Emily Hightower of Mobile Yogi.
• Individual assessment of running form and correction.
• Classes on training, sports nutrition, goal setting, trail-running gear and injury prevention.
• Inspirational presentation from champion ultrarunner and mom, Darcy Africa.
• Ground transportation between Avalanche Ranch and trailheads.
• Goodie bag containing generous sponsor gifts (valued at $200!)
• Custom Run Wild Retreat technical running T-shirt
Elinor Fish, owner of Run Wild Retreats,is a life-long runner who competitive career spanned 20 years and included events ranging from 5K to 100 miles. She has been teaching running technique and training for over 10 years and was an editor of Trail Runner magazine for 5 years. Learn more about her and the rest of the Run Wild Retreats staff at http://www.runwildretreats.com/about/.
Learn more at www.RunWildRetreats.com
Mount Sopris in Carbondale, Colorado, site of the 2012 Run Wild Trail Running and Wellness Retreat.
When & Where
Run Wild Retreats
Run Wild Retreats encourages balanced health, wellness and fitness through all-inclusive retreats centered around trail running and yoga in beautiful mountain destinations.